19.12.08

Dawn


Cold had invaded every staple of my body and yet I couldn't think of any other place where to go at the minute. I slipped trough the wet grass while walking away of those who slept expecting the beginning of a new day -'lucky them' I thought for an instant- and hiding my hands inside the pockets of my sweater in a vain attempt to protect them from the cool breeze coming up from the lake's shore, passing across the willows.


My walk over the pier was quick, swift, silent, like the light drawing over the mountains that announced the imminent arrive of the sun. When I reached the end of the jetty, I sat and closed my eyes to sense the movement of the water, the fishes reacting to the warmth of the oncoming morning. Around me I could breathe peace and not even the sun -now reflexing over the lake- seemed capable to brake that state.


It was in that instant that truth hit me so hard that made me cry. As I thought in the previous evening, in the party and the path that carried me to sit beside the water, I realized how alone I was. It wasn't peace what I breathed, but loneliness and tears.


I was thinking about her...


...and again she wasn't there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario